For most cases, your purpose is to argue a specific point. Therefore, you want to make sure that you use the information you gather in the most effective way possible to make that point:
- Use quotations and paraphrases in a way that best supports the thesis of the paper.
- Use various methods, such as presenation software, to exhibit your information.
- Use appropriate design principles. This may be something as simple as double-spacing and using an easily read font, or it may be not using a dizzying array of colors and clip art in a presentation.
- Decide the form your information should take. Does this warrant a serious, business-like style? Or can you be a little playful? Which one gets your purpose across more effectively?
- Make sure you communicate clearly! No misspellings or MLA goofs.