Welcome to new students! Welcome back to those of you returning! The library staff is happy you’re here and would like to make your first week as painless as possible.
One change this semester: The Computer Services Help Desk has moved into the library temporarily, so if your “A” and pin numbers aren’t working, you can stop by and get help in the library.
How can we help you this first week of class?
- If you left your schedule at home, we can print one for you.
- If you don’t know where your classroom is located, we will tell you.
- We can help you get into your web courses.
- We have textbooks (if the division has placed them on reserve) that you can use in the library until yours arrive.
So come by and say hello. We want to get to know you and help your semester be a successful one!
This is the time of year when children get all excited about their new notebooks and backpacks. But some children’s families don’t have the means to provide them with the basic needs for school.
Here are some basic facts:
- 74% of Metro-Nashville students are on free and reduced lunch, the federal definiton of poverty.
- School supplies can cost over $100, a signficant financial burden to poor families with more than one child in school.
- Having new and proper school supplies can make a child feel more excited about school and less embarrassed about not fitting in.
Many stores this time of year have places where you can donate school supplies. Some schools list needed supplies on their websites. Or go to the Pencil Foundation website to find other ways to help.
Here are some supplies that always seem to be needed:
Help a child have a happy beginning to a new school year!