Studies have shown that regular contact with nature increases a sense of well-being as well as reduces stress. But in the midst of a busy work and family life, days can go by without any real time enjoying the natural world. So this week, make an effort to enjoy the outside. Fall is a perfect time, since the weather is not too hot or cold and the trees are changing colors.
- Go for a walk after work or during your lunch break.
- Go watch a football game (in person). For the past five Saturdays, I’ve watched nine-year-olds play flag football at one of the parks. It was fun to get out in the fresh air.
- Plant bulbs for next spring’s garden.
- Go to Radnor or Warner parks to enjoy the leaves turning, or take a bike ride on the Natchez Trace.
- And if you really can’t get out and about, then put some plants in your home and office.