This may be our best week ever: Pam lost 3.5 pounds. I lost a pound. And Emily has maintained (which is her goal). And Amy continues to lose inches and is celebrating a looser waistband. Only one Featherweight checked in today, and she has maintained as well. So we thought we’d share some of her success strategies this week:
- Drink two glasses of water immediately upon getting out of bed in the morning because it helps jumpstart your organs and metabolism for the day.
- When treats are served, choose only one. Today we had pizza and cake for Sandy’s retirement party. At least two of the losers chose strategically, choosing either a treat of pizza or cake but not both. (I admit it. I was the loser who pigged out on both.)
- Keep moving. Joining the gym has made me more excited about working out. I’m getting more miles in and more of them are done running than walking.
- One of us has found that smelling food is often enough for her, so she doesn’t have to taste it. This tip comes with a caveat. Other people really don’t enjoy someone leaning over their food to smell it. So this one might make you unpopular.
- Two of us have had an opportunity recently to be with older people who are suffering from obesity-related illnesses. And we realized that we need to make some changes if we are to avoid that path. So picturing the lifestyle we want to live (instead of the cute little bodies we hope to have) is a better motivator.
- Treat each meal or snack separately. It is too easy, after messing up, to say, “Oh well, I might as well eat everything in the freezer now.” Learn to get back on track as soon as possible.
But those of you who read novels know that heroines are often faced with great difficulties after a first success. So keep cheering us on our path.