This week the Losers weigh 538.1 pounds with 2 of us losing and two of us gaining. As we lose little weight, we, unfortunately, are losing our will to lose. As Emily said today, “I have learned nothing from this experience.”
On the other hand, I have learned many things:
- Like a character in a John Mellencamp song, I’ve learned that I can no longer live (specifically eat) like a twenty-year-old.
- I’ve learned that my colleagues will turn on me when I remind them to weigh on Wednesdays.
- I’ve learned that animal crackers do indeed contain calories.
- I’ve learned that going from 4-3 miles daily at the gym means a tighter waistband after a week or two.
- Most importantly, I’ve learned that if it comes down to enjoying an ice cream or weighing less, I will always enjoy the ice cream.
The nice thing is that we only have a month to go, so that the wicked looks I get on Wednesdays will soon come to an end. And I’ve already thought of a new activity for the New Year–one that does not involve the scale!