Here is the secret to test success. There’s really not a secret. If you are reading your assignments, going to class, and taking notes during lectures, then you’re well on your way to making good grades on tests.
So if you’re doing these already, then what do you need to add? Review. Take time to review the material at various times:
- after class to make sure you understand the material;
- once a week;
- then daily leading up to the test
To help you remember the material, you can
- make notecards, paper or virtual (yes, there is an app for that),
- draw concept maps,
- make up test questions,
- get together with classmates for a study group, or
- summarize the main points as you walk or drive.
But as boring as it may seem, there really is no better approach to test success than putting in the time on the front end–by reading the text, going to class, and taking notes.