A friend sent me this a few weeks ago. First, watch and laugh.
It made me wonder how the librarian workout tape would look today. I think the following exercises would have to be included:
- The Printer Problem Dash. When students can’t print, they push a bell and the librarian comes running. No problem getting those 10,000 steps a day now.
- Paper-lift. Lift those reams of paper over your head as you go to fill up the printers. Get rid of those bat wings.
- iPad Chase. Take the library’s iPads and chase down unsuspecting students who are thinking that Wikipedia is their only search option.
- The Reference Book Dead Lift. As more and more reference materials are in ebook format, take those dusty encyclopedias and dictionaries to the stacks or the withdrawn box. Move them one by one and make sure to do some quick bicep and tricep curls as you go.
- The Book Cart Sprint. This is an oldie but a goodie. Put on your headphones and shelve those books!
And what music would go with this updated video?
- Of course, there would have to be the librarian parody of Lady Gaga’s “Poker Face.”
- “Everyday I Write the Book” by Elvis Costello
- “Library Rap” by MC Poindexter and the Study Crew
- “White and Nerdy” by Weird Al Yankovic.
Hopefully, some well-exercised librarians will take this project on!