The last day of the term was Friday, grades are due today, and then faculty return on Wednesday for fall semester. The break between summer and fall is so small, you can easily miss it.
But I think it’s important to celebrate endings and prepare for new beginnings. So even if your break is only a day, take a moment to do the following:
- Reflect on what was the best part of your summer.
- What do you wish you had done differently?
- Put away the books and notebooks from the summer.
- What are your plans for the fall?
Then take a break, even if it’s just a hour and let the summer term end:
- Have a cupcake.
- Take a walk.
- Buy yourself a little present.
- Watch a funny movie or television show.
- Buy some new songs from iTunes.
- Go to a museum.
Whatever you do is up to you. There is only one rule: Enjoy yourself.