This week, many families will sit down at the Thanksgiving table and, before eating, go around the table and express their gratitude. Since I won’t be eating dinner with you, here’s what I’m thankful for this year:
- Belonging to a loving family.
- Living in a country where dissent is tolerated (although often mocked on social media).
- Having students from all over the world who have taught me what it means to be brave, persistent, and resilient.
- Knowing colleagues who go the extra mile day after day to make sure students learn.
- Being encouraged by friends who want me to spread my wings.
- Having a reading list that I will never finish.
- Knowing that right now, somewhere, someone is creating a chocolate raspberry dessert that I have yet to try.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.